Dr Anja VUJOVIC
Doctor Anja Vujovic specializes in hair pathologies and hair transplants.
A graduate of the ULB in medicine in 2012, Dr. Vujovic then began specializing in dermatology and venereology.
During this process, she immediately specialized in hair pathologies and hair transplants at the Georges Achten University Center, César de Paepe clinic attached to the Saint-Pierre University Hospital.
She continued her training at the Center Sabouraud, Saint-Louis Hospital for Hair Pathologies in Paris and took numerous courses organized by the European Association of Dermatology and Venerology on hair pathologies and hair transplants.
She receives you in her private practice located in Wemmel, just outside the Brussels ring. She also consults within the Chirec hospital group, at the Edith Cavell Clinic in Uccle.
Doctor Vujovic visits numerous national and international congresses to stay informed of the latest technological advances in the field of hair, to present his work and to share his experience in patient care with his international colleagues.
Dr Anja VUJOVIC's academic background
- Diploma of Medicine, great distinction — Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2012
- Diploma in Dermatology, great distinction — Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2016
- EADV Fostering Course: Hair and scalp diseases — Bologne. Prof. BM. Piraccini, 2014
- EADV Fostering Course : Trichoscopie — Varsovie. Prof L. Rudnicka, 2015
- Inter University Diploma in Pediatric Dermatology — Université de Nantes, 2015
- Inter University Certificate in Reproductive Endocrinology and Hormonology — Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2016
Unfortunately, hair is not eternal. It is born, grows, ages and then falls out. The normal hair cycle includes a growth phase (the anagen phase) that lasts 3 to 6 years and a loss phase (the telogen phase) that lasts 1 to 3 months on average.
Hair that falls out today is hair that has programmed its fall out well before that.
So permanently, 15 to 20% of our hair is about to fall out. You can lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day in the normal way. You have to worry when the fall is abnormal, bigger than usual, and when it lasts more than a month.
The causes of hair loss are multiple and sometimes lead to long-term baldness, which greatly reduces self-esteem and quality of life. It is therefore strongly recommended to consult if the problem persists. Many therapeutic solutions exist and it would be a shame not to try them.